As a fellow lover of the deep blue sea, I know that having the right gear can mean the difference between a successful dive and a dangerous one.
And when it comes to essential equipment, dive watches and dive computers are two options that come to mind.
While a dive watch can provide basic information like elapsed time and depth, a dive computer watch is an indispensable device that not only tracks your depth and time underwater but also calculates important factors like nitrogen levels to keep you safe.(to know more differences between dive watches vs dive computers, head over to this article)
With so many options on the market, it can be daunting to choose the right one for your specific needs.
We’ve scoured the depths and compiled a list of the 5 best dive computer watches, all tried and tested by real divers themselves.
These computer diver watches are reliable, accurate and will provide you with the information you need to have a successful and enjoyable dive.
So, get ready to explore the top dive computer watches on the market.
Dive Deeper With Confidence With These 5 Best Dive Computer Watches
The Apple Ultra Dive Computer Smart Watch is a partnership between Apple and Huish Outdoors, a renowned underwater innovator. The Oceanic app for Apple Watch Ultra is designed for recreational scuba diving down to 40 meters and is easy to use. Check out the full review of the Apple Ultra Dive Computer Watch.
- Bühlmann decompression algorithm to constantly calculate and monitor dive parameters
- Safety warnings for decompression limits, excessive ascent rates, and safety stops
- Dive planner with local knowledge, including tides, water temperatures, and visibility
- Post-dive data syncs automatically to your iPhone and the cloud
- Three band options: Alpine Loop, Trail Loops, and Ocean Band
- Temperature sensor for women’s health and advanced cycle tracking
- ECG recording and heart health notifications
- Blood oxygen readings
- Innovative safety features like crash detection, fall detection, and emergency SOS
✅ Conveniently combines the functionality of a dive computer and smartwatch
✅ Easy to use and intuitive
✅ Provides comprehensive dive metrics and safety features
✅ Offers additional health tracking features beyond diving
❌ Subscription required for Oceanic app
❌ Limited to recreational scuba diving down to 40 meters
❌ Expensive compared to traditional dive computers
The Garmin Descent Air Integration Computer Diver Watch is an advanced dive computer with a 1.4” color display. It has a battery life of up to 32 hours in dive mode, 16 days in smartwatch mode, and 15 hours in GPS mode with music. It also has enhanced wrist-based heart rate and Pulse Ox sensing for sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation.
- 1.4” color sunlight-readable display
- Mk2i offers compatibility with Garmin’s range of satellite transmitters
- Battery life up to 32 hours in dive mode, 16 days in smartwatch mode, and 15 hours in GPS mode with music
- Integrated pressure monitoring on up to 5 tanks via the SubWave sonar data network
- Enhanced wrist-based heart rate and Pulse Ox sensing
- Built-in support for multiple sports apps, Garmin Pay, and music storage with streaming service support
- Dive log stores data from up to 200 dives
- Six dive modes including nitrox and trimix
- Customizable dive modes
- Dive computer watch has GPS tracking for entry and exit points
- InReach satellite communicator compatible
- Advanced training metrics
- PacePro technology
- Surf-ready features
✅ Large, easy-to-read display
✅ Long battery life
✅ Integrated pressure monitoring on up to 5 tanks
✅ Enhanced heart rate and Pulse Ox sensing
✅ Multiple sports apps and training metrics
✅ Surf and mountain biking-specific features
✅ GPS tracking for entry and exit points
❌ Additional equipment required for some features
❌ GPS tracking does not work underwater
The Cressi Scuba Diving Computer is a simple and easy-to-use device designed for beginners in scuba diving. It features a single button that makes it effortless to set air, nitrox, gauge, and free mode.
- High-definition screens with large numerical displays
- Three levels of user-adjustable conservatism
- Visual and easy-to-hear audible alarms
- User-selectable deep stop function
- Adjustable unit of measure: imperial or metric
- Battery life indicator
- User-changeable battery (CR2430)
- Interface (not included) uses IR to connect to a smartphone via Bluetooth or a PC/Laptop via USB cable
- Software compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac
✅ Simple and easy to use
✅ Large display with easy-to-read information
✅ Adjustable conservatism and deep stop function for added safety
✅ User-changeable battery
✅ Compatible with both Windows and Mac
❌ Interface not included
❌ Limited features compared to more advanced dive computers
The Aqua Lung Dive Wrist Computer is a user-friendly and customizable dive computer that provides precise calculations for air, nitrox, and free dives. It features Bluetooth connectivity, a user-changeable battery and data retention, and a 3-gas computer that enables users to switch between gases underwater. The device is backlit for easy reading in low light, and it comes with a plastic screen protector.
- Wireless interaction with your i300C via Bluetooth Smart technology using your mobile device
- Free DiverLog+ app available for iOS and Android
- Four operating modes: Air, Nitrox, Gauge (with run timer), and Free Dive (tracks calculations to allow switching between DIVE and Free)
- User-changeable battery and data retention. Maintains settings and calculations between battery changes
- 3 Gas computer. Able to switch up to three gases underwater
- Backlighting for easy reading in low light
- Has separate transmitters
✅ High altitude functions plus Nitrox
✅ Top-notch build quality
✅ Easy to read underwater
✅ Able to switch between gases underwater
✅ User-friendly bag
❌ Tricky to operate, especially for beginners
❌ One-button control may be difficult to use
❌ Plastic screen protector can cause difficulty in viewing the screen and may trap water inside
❌ The device may not function well in free dive mode
❌ The bezel may leak after prolonged use
The Suunto D5 is a fully rechargeable wrist computer watch that features five diving modes – Air, Nitrox, Free, Gauge and Watch. It is built with the Suunto Fused 2 RGBM decompression model, which allows divers to stay safe while underwater. It has a full-color MIP display with an adjustable LED backlight that shows all relevant information, such as dive time, depth, and temperature. It is also equipped with wireless connectivity via Bluetooth to the new Suunto App and can track up to three tank pressure readings with the optional Tank Pod.
- Modes: Air / Nitrox / Free / Gauge / Watch
- Suunto Fused 2 RGBM decompression model
- Exchangeable straps with Quick Release spring bar (both for diving and for everyday style)
- Weight: 90g
- Water resistance 100m
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Full-color MIP display with adjustable LED backlight
- Wireless connectivity via Bluetooth to the new Suunto App
- Wireless tank pressure up to 3 tank pressure readings (with Tank Pod)
- User-updatable software & customizable dive screens
- 18 languages
✅ Large and clear display
✅ Easy to use interface
✅ Exchangeable straps for diving and everyday wear
✅ Rechargeable battery
✅ Wireless connectivity via Bluetooth to the new Suunto App
✅ Wireless tank pressure up to 3 tank pressure readings (with Tank Pod)
✅ User-updatable software & customizable dive screens
❌ The transmitter is optional and sold separately
❌ Not suitable for mixed gas diving
After reviewing some of the best dive computers watches available in the market, it is clear that they offer a multitude of benefits for divers. With features like depth measurement, dive log tracking, and decompression information, these watches can make diving a safer and more enjoyable experience.
In addition to that, If you’re on a budget and can get by with the minimum essential dive watch feature which is a rotating bezel, make sure to check out our blog on “dive watches under $300” for some affordable options. And if you’re wondering whether you can wear a dive watch with a suit or why dive watches are so popular, as well as, dive watches for those with small wrists our blog posts on those topics have got you covered too.
At last, if you wanna deep dive and explore marine life with the highest safety, investing in a reliable and accurate dive computer watch is a smart decision for any serious diver. So don’t hesitate to find the best suitable dive computer watch for you and take your diving experience to the next level.